Aim: This webinar will allow attendees to learn about the importance of conducting Stroke Epidemiology research in Latin America. It will focus on the difficulties, and how each researcher worked to solve these problems and complete their project in areas with limited resources. This webinar will also enable other professionals interested in carrying out epidemiological studies in the region to exchange opinions and ideas to fulfil their projects.
Chair/moderator: Dr. Ana Claudia de Souza
Speakers and Topics:
- Dr. Sebastián Ameriso – Stroke epidemiology and population knowledge in Argentina
- Dr. Pablo Lavados – Incidence, risk factors, prognosis, and health-related quality of life after stroke in a low-resource community in Chile, (ÑANDU): a prospective population-based study
- Dr. Leslie Ecker Ferreira – Incidence, lethality, and post-stroke functional status in different Brazilian macro-regions: The SAMBA study (analysis of stroke in multiple Brazilian areas)
The 3 talks will be followed by a 15min Q&A discussion.
- Dr. Sebastián Ameriso, Head Department of Neurology at Fleni, Fundación para la Lucha contra las Enfermedades Neurológicas de la Infancia, Argentina
- Dr. Pablo Lavados, Professor of Neurology at Clinica Alemana, Universidad del Desarrollo and Assistant professor of Neurology at Universidad de Chile, Director of the Stroke Unit and Vascular Neurology Program, Director of the Research and Clinical Trials Unit at Clínica Alemana in Santiago
- Dr. Leslie Ecker Ferreira, Research Analyst - Laboratory of Molecular Biology - University of Region of Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Dr. Ana Claudia de Souza, Stroke Neurologist at Hospital Moinhos de Vento (HMV), Porto Alegre, Brazil